Deep Breath and More Video and Audio
Be sure to sign up to receive Jbyrd Yoga News and Events to get details of current events
If you enjoy these videos, please consider making a donation. - Thanks!
- Breathing Technique Audio
- Restricted Exhale - Listen here
- Recuperative Yoga Video - Chair Downward dog, Lunge and Warrior
- Meditation Audio - Contract/Relax Meditation and Relaxation - Listen here
- Audio for Class for April 3, 2021
Bellow's breath, Recuperative Yoga for back, shoulders and hips, and Gazing Guided Meditation
- Audio for Class
The video for the meditation of the class is below:
Listen for Free
Pranayama Workshops - Developing a Deep Breath with Julie Byrd
These are the audios from each workshop. There is link to download a free copy of the handouts that go with these workshops below.
- Workshop April 11, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath Part 1
Belly Breath and 4 Part Breath
- Workshop April 18, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 2
Pausing Breath and Ujjayi Breathing
- Workshop April 25, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 3
Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Workshop May 2, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 4
Prolonging Inhale and Exhale
- Workshop May 9, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 5
- Workshop May 16, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 6
- Workshop May 23, 2020
Developing A Deep Breath - Part 7
These are the handouts for each workshop.
- Belly Breath and 4 Part BreathDownload
- Pausing Breath and Ujjayi BreathingDownload
- Alternate Nostril BreathingDownload
- Prolonging Inhale and ExhaleDownload
- Lion's BreathDownload
- Bellow's BreathDownload
- Sitali BreathDownload
Listen for Free
- Open Focus Relaxation by Julie Byrd
Open Focus Relaxation
Created by Julie Byrd and Amy Garratt this album contains over 50 minutes of guided relaxation and meditations.
Your body's natural relaxation response is a powerful antidote to stress. When practiced regularly meditation can lead to a reduction in your stress levels and enhance your feelings of joy and serenity.
You are invited to explore simple but transformational techniques that will impact the deepest levels of your being.
- Abdominal Breath - the cornerstone of many other relaxation practices, focusing on full rhythmic breaths.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation - tensing and relaxing different muscle groups in the body resulting in relaxation and stress reduction.
- The Four Part Breath - create deep cleansing breaths to improve blood flow and circulation.
- Open Focus Relaxation - open your focus to life unfolding.
- Body Scan Relaxation - cultivate mindfulness in the flow of sensation by focusing the attention on various parts of the body.
- Energy Visualization - replenish the deep reservoir of vitality in a balance of free flowing energy.
Listen to the clips below to sample the tracks and select your MP3 download or CD.
Order today and let your worries and anxieties drift away.
Sample a clip below:
Light on Yoga is a classic text of traditional Hatha yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar, founder of Iyengar yoga. This book offers insight into yoga poses from simple to complex.
A definite must for those who want to explore traditional Hatha yoga. My own copy is bedraggled and dog-eared from all my years of use.
- Complete descriptions
- Breathing guide
- 544 pages
There is probably no more comprehensive guide to traditional Hatha yoga than this text. There are many different editions. Mine was from 1987 and this one is from 1995 and features a forward by Yehudi Menuhin. There are also even newer editions. Some people complain about small type, but I did not notice that as an issue for me. The hardback copies are larger and may offer an easier read if you are looking for larger type. The paperback version is about $12 on Amazon.[top]
Sugar Addiction - The Sweet Deception - How to Cure Sugar Addiction and Feel Good Doing It (Sugar Detox - Everything You Need to Know About Overcoming Sugar Addiction) [Kindle Edition] This little guide can help you make the break away from that sweet but sinister stuff. It lists for about $3 for the download - better yet - if you have Amazon Prime it's free.
This book keeps is simple and sweet. It is also short, so you can get the information you need without a lot of reading. I liked it for both its thoroughness as well as the simple terms it uses. This book is full of charts, recipes, and material that is easily digestible for the reader. You will learn about sugar addiction and educate yourself on how to overcome it at the same time.
I would have to say there are more professionally done books out there, but as far as useful this one fills the requirements. If you are looking for a guide this one can be all you need. Best of all, the low cost (about $3). Unfortunately I have only found a kindle edition for this one, no paper version.[top]
How would you like to make your own yoga block out of something your probably have in abundance just taking up space in your home. Check out this step by step plan...
Are you looking for how to use a yoga block? Would you like to know which yoga blocks I think are the best for particular situations. Check out my journal post on Best Yoga Blocks...
Are you looking for something different? In this post I explore some interesting blocks you may want to try...