Since acquiring my new travel yoga mat and mat towel I have need of a larger yoga mat bag. My previous mat bags have been great, but the enormous size of the yoga mat and towel rolled together have created a monster of a mat log. Not only does the yoga log resist going into any normal mat bag but it also resists coming out of them. This slows me down and the last thing one needs when trying to perform superhero yoga is a delay. Clark Kent would never have put up with a too small yoga mat bag. The fate of the world could hang in the balance.
So thus, I am in the market for a new yoga bag and what a selection there is out there now. The limitless assortment has me breathless with anticipation and fearful that I might make the wrong choice. What if I chose one mat bag and it either did not meet my needs or -perish the thought- I found a better one after I made my selection.
Here is one bag I discovered this morning that is sitting higher on my lists as of right now.
This is called the Yoga Sak and it has several things going for it.
Yoga Sak – the pros
- Will hold larger sized mats
- Has a back pack attached that will hold my attendance binder
- Gets overall good reviews on Amazon
Yoga Sak – the cons
- They don’t give dimensions for the size of mats it will hold so it might not be big enough for my yoga log
- I don’t love the material or color choices
- A few reviews say it won’t hold up long
So, while it rides the top of the heap now, this is far from over. I will keep you posted while I continue my search. Stay tuned.